Wednesday 5 January 2011

Beautiful beautiful paper!!

Now, you may have noticed on various tours of my craft-cum-living room on Wednesday show and tell WOYWW days, that I have a bit of a thing about paper...... at the end of last year when Paperartsy introduced it, I bought a pack of the FANTASTIC and yes, I am shouting - Thorndon Hall papers.

Until today, I have done no more than love it from the pack. But as they say, you can't take it with you and it was finally time to play.... Oh, Leandra, it is soooo gorgeous. (I am not on commission, I promise, but it is wonderful quality - 12 x 12 sheets of double sided designs and they are all wonderful)

This is an 8x8 card and I used one sheet of paper with a tiny little scrap left for - something!! (I won't throw it out, just in case).

If you know Leandra's stamps you will recognise several of the images in this paper pack so they co-ordinate perfectly, although I have only used the paper here, and one PSX stamp on a white scrap of paper, which I then coloured with some of my (Christmas present) perfect pearl powder in Cappuchino from the "cafe" set.  It matches the colour of the paper pretty well.   I added a couple of little pearls to the centre of the rosettes, these are in a sort of pale peachy colour that match the second side of the paper I used (with the map).

8 comments:

Tracy Evans said...

I agree Helen these papers are gorgeous and wonderful quality and they coordinate beautifully with the papers. Your card is gorgeous, the recipient will be very pleased. Tracy Evans x

Netty said...

The paper is definitely gorgeous by looking at your example. Love your rosettes; really beautiful card. Annette x

Lori said...

Wow! Those papers are gorgeous! I didn't expect anything less from LB, lol! I'd be in big trouble over there, I can tell you that! This is a gorgeous card, Helen!

Tinkertaylor said...

Fab card Helen I need to check these papers out they're gorgeous

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous card, those papers look amazing, may have to buy some you make them look so good. xx

brenda said...

What a beautiful creation Helen.

I am not familiar with these products, but I will been having a little earch I think.

Won't mention of 'f' word, but I bet Roy's not feel too good today - more likely he's counting the days.

B x

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful Helen! Those papers are indeed stunning, & I love your rosettes! x

Spyder said...

oh yes, fab paper, I'd take years to be able to cut into it!
(Lyn)