Happy WOYWW all. Time to meet again at Sarah's for our weekly desk share...
I was watching YouTube at the weekend and saw a video from Alison Bomber (Paperartsy designer) which really spoke to me
she made a whole series of "clusters" to use in projects.I used some of her new stamp designs and scraps plus a Tim Holtz photomatcic image.
I was going to do more but the floor was hot and uncomfortable and I gave up!
Kew was another hot visit - though this weekend is likely to be more so - I am ready for autumn now but it seems a shame to wish time away!
we enjoyed watching the swans at the lakeI am hoping to see the eclipse this evening although I don't have eclipse glasses so will have to be careful - I remember the last one was a disaster as it was too cloudy to see anything.
Wishing you a happy WOYWW and try to stay cool!

12 comments:
Well, that tutorial was worth watching, I love your interpretation of it, works really well! Take care in the stupid heat over the next few days, I’m longing for rain now. We’re hoping to see the eclipse tonight as well!
Hugs LLJ 2 xx
Sounds like a great idea and the resulting card is perfect. I worry though that one day you will be stuck on the floor and we'll all have to come round and get you up lol! Maybe we should all go out tonight during the eclipse and do a rain dance! Take care and happy woyww, Angela x7x
Hoping to see the eclipse too. We saw the total eclipse in France many years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday…very spooky.
Take care in the heat.
Hugs,
Annie x #5
Happy too-hot WOYWW!
Making clusters is one of my favourite things to do with scraps, and they almost make the journal page for you! Yours is a perfect example of that. Paper Artsy has some great tutorials -there is one I love about masterboards from like 10 years ago and it is still relevant today. Sadly, I bet Kew will be a lot hotter this weekend :(
Mary Anne (6)
Hi Helen, thank you for the comment before I even linked up, that's special and really appreciated. Really struggling here, got myself out for a walk first thing but still too hot and after taking husband's car for it's service yesterday the heat has already got to me and I feel quite ill with it all. Nothing like a good "cluster" love your journal page, the grasses are so delicate. Take care at Kew in the heat although it might have settled back by then. I'm with you on Autumn can't wait for it, the past 4 months have been horrid just surviving at most here. Hugs Bj#11
Hi Helen, your journal page is stunning and I love your Kew photos, the lotus and the swans especially this week.
Hope you can stay cool
Happy WOYW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx
WOYWW!
That was a good tutorial. Not much room to get everything out in the caravan and far too hot! Love your layered page. I have been trying to get closer to the heron to get a decent photograph. I haven’t put earlier ones on the computer yet, but I don’t think they are that sharp. He takes one look at me creeping along and off he goes! I don’t think I would get anywhere shuffling on the ground in a camouflage outfit🤣. I hope Kew is cooler for you x Angela
The cluster you made is simply beautiful, with the soft botanical greens. I also absolutely LOVE your 2 photographs, especially the one you took of the swan. Stay safe in the heat of the Summer, and blessings!
Your cluster is lovely - the shades of green are beautiful. In scrapbooking we create clusters a lot but usually directly on to the page. I did try to make some in advance once but found that they didn't fit in with any layout I created so gave that up as a bad job. I forgot that you work on the floor! It never occurred to me that it could be hot down there. Love the Kew photos. Hope it's cooler than anticipated this weekend. Elizabeth #13
The sunny photos are fab but we do need rain and today has been a scorcher. I love the page you have done. x x Jo 🌈
love a cluster, make them up for mounting photos on scrapbook pages but never thought to transfer them to cards, what a fab idea! Supposedly great for scraps but I often end up creating scraps because I want to use certain things…! We’re not equipped to watch the eclipse…rushed about to alter one of the telescope lenses and then realised the sun dips behind the houses behind us long before sunset!!
Post a Comment