Tuesday 18 June 2024

WOYWW 785

 Welcome to another week of desk sharing now with Sarah at Sarah's Craft Shed for WOYWW 

 so the new goodies arrived... on Wednesday of course but too late to make an appearance last time

the art cards are a set of cards of Dina's art work with one-word prompts on them to kick start your creativity.  I wasn't going to get them but then needed to bump up the order for free postage (as you do)  so what the heck!  






so I also took a photo with the cards splayed out too 

the backs all have the same design on them. 

as you can see from the stamps standing up, space is at a premium round here...


I had a play in the large kraft journal with some of the new bits - right page is just mop up over gesso 


the silhouette stencil (mask) with distress oxide ink and then splatters .  The word is a Tim quote chip but I see it's not fully stuck down despite weighting it down to grab to the page!
step by step (in reverse order as I don't know how to put them side by side)


stamping on top
stencilling (the yellow is distress oxide ink the teal colour is Peacock paint 
starting point was strips of collage tissue and then gesso









Saturday's Kew trip is here... rain and sun, but not cold... 

lots of poppies in the wildflower bed

Kim and I were hoping "stinky" (titan arum) would open for us... but no, not on Saturday - it opened Tuesday so we've missed it again! 


I'll be late visiting this week unless I get to drop by before work, as we have a team meeting and then a quick meal... so I'll catch you when I can!  


Happy WOYWW 

17 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Thanks for the early visit Helen. Love the latest play. Hope stinky opens on a Saturday for you some time. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOYWW. Sarah

BJ said...

Great to see the process of your page, loving the masks, who do you source your goodies from? The cards look super too great inspirational source.
Hugs BJ#11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Helen, sounds like you have a busy day on the cards.....and new cards too! I've seen those little Dina prompt cards but couldn't decide. I bought some of her collage books ages ago but they are so nice I couldn't cut them up, stupid I know! You are so good because you always get strted straight away with new stash and I need to do the same but nearly always get distracted and they end up for ages in the exploding box. Better crack on, happy a good woyww. Hugs Angela x14x

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Helen, I know that temptation too well, who wants to pay postage when they can have more goodies? Lovely poppies. Love you journal page steps. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Mary Anne said...

The cards look fun, but as usual I am so deeply into the ICADs no chance of squeezing in anything else. Still, I am really enjoying using up stuff. The page you made is fab and I agree, it's great to see or hear a bit of the process. WOYWW is always so inspiring :)
Happy Desk Hopping (and for me, knitting)!
Mary Anne (3)

Diana Taylor said...

Lovley new stash, the cards look interesting and I'm so with you on adding things to get free postage! I love your pages - the leafy ones are gorgeous and I really like the peacock and yellow colour combo. Sorry to hear you missed Stinky!
Have a good week,
Diana xx #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

They always say never work with children and animals and now you can add plants to that as well, lol! What a shame you missed the opening of Stinky, next year maybe…. Love the new Dina stash, you’re going to have a lot of fun with that xx
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

I'm always here for the new Dina stash! I've not seen the art cards before but I think that was a great find to top off your order - I always do the same! Such happy colours in your leafy page. Here's hoping for a a sunny week, Lisa-Jane #6

Lindart said...

Fun new toys! The cards look interesting!
I always like seeing how things are made - this time in reverse - that was neat! Great page! So sorry Stinky didn't open for you, how often does it open? Looking at the photo, I think it would be quite the sight! Have a great week, Lindart #19

Annie said...

Sorry I'm so late calling by. I had a busy morning with sewing then had an appointment at the diabetic clinic this afternoon [all well].
Lovely pages you've been busy with.
Hugs,
Annie x # 8

Robyn said...

those poppies do it for inspiration for me!!! Robyn 17

Twiglet said...

You've had fun with your pages this week- the lead over printing is effective. What a fab poppy photo that is. x x Jo

Twiglet said...

You've had fun with your pages this week- the lead over printing is effective. What a fab poppy photo that is. x x Jo

Twiglet said...

Leaf!

Spyder said...

You've been very busy Helen! Great to see your pages grow so quickly, I'm such a slow-coach at anything! Sorry I'm so late but at least I'm here...had a post half done for last week, but it just didn't get there...Have a great week Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))#18

Lynnecrafts said...

LovelLy layouts Helen and some gorgeous photos. I so want a bonsai ginkgo but I’d kill it off for sure. Only my spider plant keeps going. I was given it on a project in Paris 20 years ago.
Anyway, beautiful Kew seems at its best. A shame you’ll miss the stinky arum flower- doesn’t it last?
Have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

I have just ordered a couple of those Dina Wakley items...Adding extra for free postage always gets me...
Happy WOYWW Susan #5