Wednesday 12 October 2022

WOYWW 697

 Here we are again, gathering for another week's desk sharing extravaganza with Julia at the Stamping-Ground.  As usual the week seems to have flown by...

I've got a part -done journal page this week -  just haven't found the right quote or words to go on it.. to be honest not even given it a thought since Sunday when i made it.. that's what you get when you shut the journal before the page is done!



it's on the cotton rag watercolour paper in the original Dina journal
which holds up to paint and sprays really well.



Last Saturday, the late entry to Kew felt odd after so many weeks of 5am alarm calls, but the weather was glorious and the gardens looked stunning 

although the new display to celebrate Mexico was a bit.... not really sure about it!!  


the Day of the Dead area was however very moving.





but autumn is being gathered in... 

and the sun on "my" fountain was spectacular.



thanks for looking, see you soon,  





Editing.   Just seen the terribly sad news on Julia and Jan's posts about the lovely Debbie Rock's passing.  She was such a kind, generous lady and the WOYWW community and her much loved family, husband Phil and nephews. will all miss her terribly.  Rest easy, gorgeous lady.  

15 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

I amsure you have earned a Saturday lie in Helen. Liking the look of that journal page. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Neet said...

Yes, sad news indeed. It's taken the wind from my sails this morning. Such a shock.
Your page is looking good and your photos from Kew are wonderful as always. Love the spray.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I was never lucky enough to meet Debbie but very much admired her work and feel for her family. Still your post has plenty to smile about. Sending hugs, Angela x9x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely pics from Kew, the squashes made me happy! So sad about Debbie, honestly we really have to live each day large….
Hugs LLJ 1 xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such great photos you have shared. We love fall and the colors here are outstanding. Truly enjoy your time doing things you love.

Lynnecrafts said...

I loved your Kew photos and the colours of your journal page. Not sure about the Mexican sloths.
O sorry about Debbie.
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 6

Christine said...

the Kew photos were beautiful again this week, I was surprised by the flower on the Scillia. Mine usually flowers much later in the year.
I love your journal page, hope you can find the right words soon.
Christine #17

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh look at you making a page that still hasn’t got text on it yet! Out of sight out of mind! That’s so me.
Not sure about the sloths but I get the artificial-ness of the hanging thing…lots of gaudy stuff is always so brightly coloured and pretend, and made in Mexico!

Annie said...

Hi Helen,
It's been another crazily busy day for me with the Advent calendars flying out my door as soon as I put them up for sale so my feet have only just stopped for a quick break and time to visit a few of my favourite blogs.
I think I'm still in shock of the news about Debbie...such a lovely lady.
Hugs,
Ammie x

Lindart said...

The journal page is looking good! And Fall is certainly settling in here as well, love the pumpkins and gourds! So sorry to hear about Debbie, I didn't know her, but she obviously has left good memories with the group. Lindart #21

Crafting With Jack said...

I hope you find your quote for your lovely journal page. Very sad news about Debbie. Take care, hugs Angela #16

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your journal page is looking great! Glad you got a sunny day for Kew! Such sad news abut Debbie, hugs,Chrisx #18

StampinCarol said...

I bet you'll find the right quote/quotes soon. Beautiful Kew photos as usual!
Have a great week!
Carol N #143

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Helen, thanks for the visit. The weather has just been wonderful lately and everything is picking up so well after that long hot summer (some of it is a bit confused as well). Just shocked by the news about Debbie, can't process. Sorry I'm late, I ended up in the garden all day yesterday it was so lovely. Happy WOYWW, Cindy xx #10

Mary Anne said...

I tend to find the words first, then make the page, while you often work the other way around. YOU are much more productive LOL! Still reeling from the news about Debbie. Can't quite wrap my head arround it.
Back to being late, but only slightly.
Mary Anne (2)