Wednesday 9 March 2022

WOYWW 666

 wow, that's a number and a half!  the beast that is WOYWW!   The day we share our crafty spaces with Julia 

thank you for your thoughts for the funeral last week, it went really well - my aunt was 97, still living independently in the house she was born in, on her own since my uncle died 30 years ago,  still cooking, attending the church she'd been part of all her life where she was a force behind the weekly computer club!  Not a bad life!  It was also wonderful to catch up with members of my family I'd not seen since... the previous funeral; and especially grateful that we were able to gather together in numbers since COVID deprived so many families of the ability to do so.  

I've only done a little crafting this week. 

the white Dina journal this week, and some of the new Dina paint colours and stencils and images stamped on collage tissue.








Last weekend saw the final weekend of the Orchid Festival at Kew  and I made sure I saw my favourite parts of the display (that means the monkeys!) 








outside, there was a real feel of spring (apart from the chilly weather!)  with the magnolias bursting into bloom being one of the highlights.


This weekend I may not be going until Sunday as I am planning to go to the Crafterama show at Alexandra Palace and meeting my friend Lin for the first time in 3 years, on Saturday.
She's got to come up to London for a hospital appointment and the plan is to do Ally Pally afterwards.  

The continuing news from Ukraine can't pass unmentioned, it is dreadful, scary and heartbreaking to watch unfold. 

Till next week, stay safe, and happy crafting. Embrace the freedom.   

16 comments:

brenda said...

Your Aunt sounds like a remarkable lady.

They made hard work of it last night, but as you said the other day a win is a win.

B x

Mary Anne said...

Sorry for your loss, but it does sound like she had an amazing life. That page is lovely, as if the stunning flower at the end. Wow. And yes, I had planned to annotate on the actual photo but then realize it would not be clear in the small size so I did individual photos :)
Hangin' in there for WOYWW
Mary Anne (2)

Diana Taylor said...

Love the Dina journal, and I'm a huge fan of the monkeys too. I hope you have a great time at Ally Pally.
Have a great week,
Diana xx #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That’s a good life lived, I’m g;ad the funeral went well and you were able to meet up with friends and family. Hope you have fun with Lin too, it’s been too long hasn’t it. It’s top on my list to meet up with folks this year as well, hope you have a good time with Lin. Loved the monkeys, what fun!
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That's a great story about your Aunt, bet she was a lovely lady. Pleased everything went well. You're right it is great to be able to meet up with the family. Enjoy your visit to the craft show oh! and don't buy too much Lol!!!!! what am I saying of course you will Lol! Have a lovely woyww with lots of crafty fun when you get the chance. Hugs, Angela x15x

Neet said...

Wow, what a lady your aunt was. A remarkable lady - hope you inherited her genes and make 100.
I shuddered when I saw that first photo of your favourite part - I thought they were huge spiders but the second looked more like monkeys. How unusual.
Take care
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Caro said...

It sounds like your aunt lived a full life and I am glad that you were able to celebrate her life with family and friends. Love the monkeys! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#17)

Crafting With Jack said...

Sounds like your Aunt had a good life and quite remarkable to be in her own home and active. I t was good to be able to say goodbye with family and friends. Love that last photograph. Happy WOYWW Angela #5

BJ said...

Can definitely see why you love the monkeys and love your art work this week too. Our Magnolia is full of bud this year but won't be open for some while yet. hugs BJ#8

Annie said...

So glad your Auntie’s funeral went well...what a good age. I love the Magnolias.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Tracy said...

So glad all went well Helen, what a lovely lady your aunt was and at 97 an inspiration in all she did 💕
Loooving your photo of the monkeys and cansee why they're a favourite! Gorgeous photo of the Magnolia with promises to come.
Hope all goes well for your meet up and the craft show,be safe and have fun
Love and hugs Tracy #21 xxxxxxx

craftytrog said...

Great page Helen, I love that orange!
Hope you and Lin have a lovely time at Ally Pally. One of my walking friends us going on Sunday. Wish I felt safe enough to do it.
Alison

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m sorry about your Aunt, I’ve had my head in a bucket and can’t recall offering condolences. What a great long life, she must have had some fab tales to tell. Lovely journal page, the words are great; I cant tell you how often I’ve been telling myself ‘no rain no flowers’ - literally, it’s been so wet and dull! I’m not a huge orchid fan but appreciate their exhibition, the monkeys are so clever aren’t they. Mostly though, your magnolia pictures make me swoon! Thank you for your lovely card, your as always, very thoughtful. Xxx

Sharon Madson said...

I am happy for you that you can think of your aunt with happy thoughts. Glad you could see family in person for this funeral. It must have made it easier. Happy WOYWW!

Spyder said...

Sorry about your aunt, but as you said she must'e had a very adventurous life! Love the pages but those monkeys are a bit scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!! My little Magnolia tree isn't doing much at all yet! Have a great week Happy Very Late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#16

Susan Renshaw said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt.

Love those monkeys.
I too got some of the new colours but I think tangelo is very close to sedona.
I am very late commenting but hope to get around everyone now...
See you tomorrow!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #13