The increasingly inky and painty ramblings of a stampaholic, whilst kneeling on the floor. Yes, my knees do protest!
Saturday, 10 January 2015
Fragile Papers - for Paperartsy
The new Paperartsy blog challenges launched this week, and caused lots of excitement. The current theme is "fragile papers" and so far we' ve had gorgeous projects from Lucy, Lynne and Kate - who's journal page style I've sort of based my project on.
I rounded up some old music score (gifted from a friend), dictionary paper, a page from a copy of Shakespeare's The Tempest, and some mulberry paper.
I got a bit excited and didn't take any pictures for a while... I started by covering the journal with a mix of white gesso and Mushroom Fresco, and tore the papers and glued them to the page. I was partway through doing this when i thought I'd add some stencilling so used the large Art Is stencil and Irish Cream Fresco
When that was dry, I stencilled the Lin B flower in Lake Wanaka, and added just a smidge of Marlin on the edges of the petals.
Not enough paper.... so found some white (in hindsight, not the best choice) Mulberry paper and glued it in some of the gaps - you may be able to see the fibres to guage where it is, but I did add some more stencilling (not exclusively) over the mulberry paper using the Marlin again
and finally found some die cut letters to spell out 'fragile' - for a minute I thought I'd have to get the die out and do another alphabet, as it took ages to find the "e" but I did in the end.. I drew round the letters with a black pen, but the nib got a bit stuck in the excess glue on the page, so it's a bit hard to see.