Monday 17 March 2014

Live, Love, Laugh..

This is a new stencil I bought recently and I used part of it to finish off a journal page - I had been itching to ink up the Donna Downey poppy stamp I also bought recently (!) ...

 the journal page was mostly covered with leftover Vintage LaceFresco.  I then covered that with London Bus, that yummy translucent red..
Stamped Donna's poppies on two pieces of my hoarded, sadly discontinued, Crackly tissue paper by Paperartsy.. in black archival and cut out fairly closely, before sticking to the page with multi matt medium. I blended the edges with more London Bus.
 then the stencil came in - I used a mixture of Claret and Blood Orange and just stencilled the words (there is a gorgeous flower on this stencil too), before deciding that there needed a "pop"... out came the white Sharpie, to outline the larger words
 and some teeny butterflies (these are from a QVC set that Tim had a few years ago when he came over to the UK) Stamped them in Snowflake Fresco.


Have a good day, even if it is Monday!!

9 comments:

massofhair said...

Stunning page, fab stencil & like the outlines, really does pop off the page:-) x

Lin said...

Great pages Helen and that stamp is lovely!! I love the way the word laugh has gone across the flowers..loads of depth xx

craftimamma said...

Fabulous, dramatic page Helen. Love the word stencil and it's amazing how the pages really came to life once you added the white outlining and butterflies.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

brenda said...

Stunning and great vibrant colours Helene.

Still looking good and what a day yesterday was.

B x

Hazel Agnew said...

Gorgeous, sumptuous pages Helen. Love the colour, the flowers and the sentiment. Fab!

sam21ski said...

Great pages Helen xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your choice of colors, words, stencils, and stamps. This spread is awesome.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous page, I love it.

fairy thoughts said...

gorgeous pages Helen... they look sort of Spanish to me... remind me of passionate flamenco dancers
janet