Monday 27 June 2011

Grungy Monday 13 - Alcohol Inks

Today for the Grungy Monday challenge, Linda has challenged us to use Alcohol Inks as beautifully demonstrated here by Tim in a video for Ranger.

Now, I love AI's and have - erm - lots - but don't use them that often as I am never happy with the results (my fault, not that of the inks)

However, today I had another go - used 3 colours - oregano, sunshine yellow and sunset orange  - with gold metallic, and for once I like the result!  I used Tim's large and small butterflies randomly over the AI background. 'nature' is one of Wendy's stamps, 'to dream..' is a very old Penny Black one.

Turned it into a birthday card using a black card base and gold embossing a greeting down the side (stamp by Hobby Art - and it's one of my oldest purchases!)
Normaly on a Monday I combine this with theSimon Says challenge but it is too hot to think clearly today and I will do something else for that, hopefully soon!

22 comments:

Artyjen said...

Great colours...fabulous background ;)
Send some of that heat this way would you?

Elizabeth said...

Hi Helen, this is lovely - butterfly stamp stands out perfectly against the gorgous colours. Elizabeth x

donna said...

Fantastic card. Your inks made the perfect background for T's butterflies.Thanks for stopping by...Donna

Kaz Hall said...

Whit woo! love the colour combo Helen its so cool xx

kazx

Gillian .... said...

Oh Helen, love the background you have created with the AI, I'm with you on that one I have a phobia too.

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous background, love the colours xx

Gerri Herbst said...

The colors are amazing of this delightful tag you created!

Dragon said...

Hey this is beautiful, I love the colours you used and you seem to like this timmy butterfly??
Frankie
xx

Lori said...

Love those colors of AI with the butterfly stamp, Helen, it looks fantastic!

minnie_mac said...

Fabulous colour choice for the background. Great card.

Marilyn

Carolyn said...

Very stunning!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Helen, I hope you've learned to love Alcohol Inks, seeing as how you created an absolute masterpiece using them! This is seriously gorgeous, girl-- elegant and dramatic and striking. Just perfect for GM13 and a truly "WOWZA" work of art!

PsyPenguin said...

Beautiful card! That butterfly stamp is perfect for the inky background.x

Sue West said...

Gorgeous card Helen, love the colours and the butterflies are fab.
Sue xx

Shelly Hickox said...

Gorgeous background and I love the way you used that stamp...I think I need to get that one!

Suzanne Bouchard said...

The person who will receive this card is very lucky! I love your color choice for the backround and the whole design of your card.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful background, love this butterfly image.

Alison said...

Love your card Helen, wonderful colours in your background! x

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

Helen - Great job! The color combo turned out really nice! The stamping looks fabulous

MarleneMAZ said...

This is just gorgeous! love your card.

Sarah said...

Great colour choices and contrast between the black and the lovely splodged background!
Sarah

Scrap Vamp said...

Fabulous! Love the colors and those butterflies are amazing!