Wednesday 16 November 2022

WOYWW 702

 Hello again deskers... time for another WOYWW  .  the happiest day of the week when we share our crafty workspaces.

There is less on mine than there should be,  I should be making Christmas cards every night...

my new Distress, Lumberjack Plaid, arrived,  and as you see I ripped off the wrapping on the ink pads to try out the colour... yum!!  



I did spend part of Sunday making some -  few more backgrounds - using the new ink pad
and then spent some time cutting up some of the masterboards

and turning them into Christmas cards - well you saw some of them last week but I've added a greeting to the front now

I die cut some deer (Tim Holtz)   from the red masterboard that I shared previously so they match in reverse the background.  










Angela (Crafting with Jack) asked if it was multi stamping or stencilling -  stamping, Angela - 2 of my favourite Magenta wooden stamps -  

the one on the right, especially as you can multi-stamp it much better and as you can see, in different colours too.


I'll do lots more of these they are speedy fast.  










Kew on Saturday turned out to be gorgeous again,  not that it isn't always... 

look how blue the sky was (eventually)  








and Kim and I found some giant mushrooms too, which several of you saw on FB  (Kim is one of the other every week regulars and we tend to walk round together these days) 


me included for a sense of scale!  



thanks for visiting, I'll be round after work to catch your spaces.

Happy WOYWW  

17 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow those mushrooms are huge Helen. Glad your new inks arrived. Great idea with the reverse colour Christmas cards. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

Neet said...

Love those two Magenta stamps, especially the one on the right.
Cor blimey - the mushrooms are enormous - great find.
Hugs, Neet xx4

My name is Cindy said...

Wow, those mushrooms are HUGE!! Wish I had a lovely blue sky like that this morning, it's grim out there at the moment. You certainly do have a Christmas production line going, well done you. I had to smile thinking of you ripping off the wrapping to get to that new ink..... have a great week, love n hugs, Cindyxx #6

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The mushrooms look even bigger here than they did when I saw them before! Loving the new cards and the ink is just as good as I hoped it would be. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Is that a fairy I see sitting by the mushrooms?? Blimey, they were huge, I wish I knew more about foraging so I’d know if they were ok to eat or not. Love those Magenta stamps and the leaping deer!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Christine said...

Thank you for being in the photo . . . When I first saw those mushrooms on Facebook I thought they were table tops or chair seats!!!
I think masterboards are going to be the way for the future and I can see a great emptying of pre-printed paper bins!!!
Have a great week
Christine #17

Lynnecrafts said...

You had a lovely day for Kew, Helen. I loved the closeups of the monkey puzzle. The skies look like summer but those fungo are magnificent!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 15

Crafting With Jack said...

A lovely blue sky, ours have been shades of grey recently. Those toadstools are huge, incredible! It amazes me that you see such different things every time you go. Saw a Kew calendar In Tesco, I would have preferred your photographs to the ones they had used. That’s a great new colour, just right for Christmas. Great stamps too. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Annie said...

I'm chasing my tail again...and my workload has just increased!!! I'm taking a well earned break.
I love your masterboards and those mushrooms are huge....what a lovely day you had.
Hugs,
Annie x # 8

Lindart said...

Love the masterboard cards - such a quick way to make Christmas cards - I may just try that this year! The lumberjack ink looks a lot like Barn Door, is it more red? Those mushrooms look like dinner plates - huge! Have a great week, Lindart #19

BJ said...

Oooo, second desk with the new Lumberjack red ink, am I tempted? Still never seen an oxide and no idea the difference really, I'm so behind the times. Just using what I have and finding some things have dried up now I'm back using my stash again. Oh well. Love the Chrimbo cards, love the red. BJ#16

Mary Anne said...

Clever you, matching your hair LOL! And you are on a roll with your cardmaking. Well done. Step away from the 'shrooms! They must be deadly. Eek. The blue sky is gorgeous, and I prefer looking UP LOL!
Happy WOYWW, late in the day!
Mary Anne (3)

Tracy said...

Always a joy to see your photos of Kew Helen ⭐️glorious sky and just look at those mushrooms!! I'm giddy about your lush cards ... loooving them 😍😍😍😍Thank yooou for stopping by mine 🤗I hope you get some sunshine soon. Much love and hugs Tracy # 14 xxx

Elizabeth said...

Lumberjack Red! There seems to be no end to TH"s imagination when naming each new colour. And this one is perfect for Christmas projects. The stamps are also perfect for your cards. Those mushrooms are enormous - if they are edible they'd feed an army. Have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #28

Twiglet said...

Cards looking good Helen. I am going to make a fabric master board so I can chop it up and make a job lot!

Susan Renshaw said...

I am tempted by the Lumberjack red now I have seen your stamping... So far I only got the Distress Oxide spray! They are huge mushrooms!
Happy WOYWW! Susan # ?

Kyla said...

ooh nice cards and yes love those stamps really good for speedy backgrounds. Love your Kew updates and there have been some amazing mushrooms this season.
kyla