Sunday 11 September 2022

Remembering Her Majesty

 The news on Thursday of the death of Queen Elizabeth II came suddenly, if not unexpected, given her magnificent age, and  I have like so  many since, been feeling very strange.  It is such a big adjustment to have a King not a Queen, so many of us  knew no other monarch than Queen Elizabeth.

I went to London yesterday to pay my respects and - well, to just be there, it felt like something I needed to do.  The atmosphere outside Buckingham Palace even at 7.30  in the morning, was unlike nothing I have felt before.  There was a quiet, almost hushed feeling,  Many people leaving tributes and others like me, just wanting to be there.  there are some photos on my other blog if you are interested

Today, I took to my journal.



The Queen was known for her strong Christian beliefs throughout her life, and whilst I do not necessarily share them, this is one of my favourite stencils, (Stencil Girl)  and I wanted to use it for my backdrop to the postcard I bought yesterday  (I don't have a printer to copy one of the many thousands of images that have been shared since her death, and I didn't want to cut one out of the paper I bought as a memento of this sad time)  

We will never see the like of Queen Elizabeth again, but I think we are in safe hands with King Charles III (how odd does that sound, it still doesn't seem real, although watching the TV coverage of the coffin leaving Balmoral this morning, it is sinking in)  

I send the entire Royal Family my sincere condolences (as you have to grieve in public) at this sad time.  

 Rest in Peace, Your Majesty. 

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

A wonderful and loving tribute in your journal. Nice stenciling, too.

Words and Pictures said...

For once the news reports were right to be using the word "historic" - the end of an era. And yes, I'm still not caught up with the idea that there's a king now (though I'm that bit further away from it all these days, of course). A wonderful page commemorating an extraordinary woman.
Alison x