Sunday 29 March 2020

A journal page - Freedom Is a State of Mind

So we're on our second weekend of lockdown in the UK and after a week working from home and no-one much to talk to,  and the clocks going forward last night, it seemed a very "down" day today.

I forced myself to play in my journal though,  the square one again

 I didn't prep the page with gesso or anything, just took some of Courtney's new stamps from Paperartsy. and Versafine Clair inks in Monarch and Warm Breeze
 I stencilled some circles (a Finnabair stencil for Prima) in Cloud Fresco  and outlined them with black pen (no photo)



Sat and listened to "The Archers" omnibus on the radio before just going back to it again a few minutes ago...
Took a sillhouette stencil (Donna Downey)  and sponged with the Monarch ink over the background.



Rummaged for a sentiment - found a perfect one (Finnabair cling stamps, set is called Don't forget to fly)

outlined the pages with the same ink and a touch of black.

Thanks for looking - I do feel less miserable now!




6 comments:

Miriam said...

This is fabulous Helen. I love the background and the images work perfectly.
I agree it feels hard at the moment but I'm confident that we'll get through it.... And we have craft to keep us focused!

brenda said...

Glad you got some crafting done Helen, have to admit I'm struggling, all this time and not much to show for it.

You asked about priority slots, you are right I have my Nose confirmation, but seems of little use as the stores aren't set up to deal with it. Sainsbury say they are, website doesn't recognise me, they are not able to deal with e.mails and after four hours on phone hold I gave up.

Surely to goodness they will see we are the only worthy winners?

Bx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When you are a social animal, but live alone, it's hard to adjust. You created a wonderful journal page and it shows. PLEASE keep your spirits high, dear friend.

craftytrog said...

Those silhouettes are fabulous, great page Helen!

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's not a good situation for us but at least there are two of us.I love your journal page, those silhouettes look brilliant! By the way I saw your comment on Elizabeth's blog, you may get a delivery slot on Tescos if you get on at midnight or close after but they do go very quickly and were quite far ahead when we got one.
We have been recording episodes of Frasier to cheer us up.
Hopefully we can speak on the phone soon! Take care, Hugs, Chrisx

Words and Pictures said...

Great to see some of the stages of this really impressive and expressive page spread. If you fancy a bit of joint journalling on Skype some time, I'm sure we could squeeze that in xx