Thursday 8 September 2011

Ten minute tag!

Hi,.

After yesterday's walk round London I took it easy today - and the day has drifted away in a blur of - nothingness! 
However, I did see that Lori set a new challenge for the yahoo group Everything Wendy Vecchi and this time rather than using for inspiration one of Wendy's works from her books, we are just challenged to make a tag with no more than 2 sets of Wendy stamps.   In fact I just used one, Botanical Art - love that set.... and a flower I had made a few days ago with Tim's tattered floral die and some inked old book pages.

Covered the tag with tumbled glass distress stain and inked the old German script in the same ink, before adding some flowers (stormy sky) to the tag.  Stamped the solid flower (chipped sapphire) (tis my favourite stamp!) on a spare tag and stuck it to the main tag. 





Will have to find something to do or somewhere to go tomorrow or I will be back to work before I know it!  Hmmmm and it needs to be cheap!

I've just been up to collect the photos from yesterday - I didn't take any inside the V&A at the Power of Making exhibition though, sorry for those of you who wanted to see! Will try and blog them (on the other blog) later, or my cup of tea will be cold!

9 comments:

Jingle said...

Your tag is so pretty!

Lori said...

This tag is awesome Helen! Love the colors, and that set is one of my faves. Although, they're all my faves. lol. Thanks for joining the MAC!

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous tag Helen and love the colours, sounds as though you're having a good time. I've just got back after a few days away and it's rained and I mean rained every day, lol. Enjoy the rest of your hols. xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tag, the stamped flower is lovely as is your tattered floral. Love the distress stain in the background. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Tracy x

Marjie Kemper said...

Love it, Helen! The butterfly perched on top is a great touch... I love that stamp!

Wanda said...

What a gorgeous tag. Great set of stamps.
Wanda xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous tag Helen, the flower looks fab :-)
Anne xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful tag with fabulous elements.

Inkypinkycraft said...

What a lovely tag, such beautiful colours trace x