Thursday 10 March 2011

Just for me!

My new templates arrived yesterday but I was too lazy - and too busy catching up on WOYWW posts - to use them!

I got 4 (as you do) here they are - think those fish will be fun!  I may have to take up journalling....












and after the Liverpool game tonight (don't ask, not a good day!) I used one on a tag (for a change..)
I was just messing about, really but once I'd done the background with the template I thought I may as well finish it - well, I may do some more to it still, but I'm tired and going to bed.

The butterflies are from Tim's Papillon set and stamped in dusty concord, over the numbers which are rusty hinge, edged with walnut stain. I added some glossy accents to a couple of the butterflies; but the flash doesn't help show it to its best.

11 comments:

Netty said...

Oh what fun all those stencils and the one you have shown looks great. Yes you should start an art journal it is so right for you and what better way to use some of your new crafty bits. Sleep well, Annette x

Lori said...

Oooo, those stencils look FUN! And they make a great tag, too! lol!

Kaz Hall said...

Tag look s fab! i so need that timmy stamp set!!! Look forward to what you make with the stencils x
kazx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh how fab. I'm glad you were tired because I can't bear any nore genius from your new stuff just yet! (No, not jealous at all - although I would probably kill for that number stencil!!)

Artyjen said...

So love the number stencil and you made a gorgeous background with it ;)
xoxo Sioux

Dolly Daydreams said...

Fantastic tag, great background, Marie

Carmen said...

Oh Helen - you would be AMAZING at journalling! Oh please, oh please, oh please have a play and let us see! Love the look of the numbers and the... is that bricks? Look fab!

Sherry Goodloe said...

love those new templates you picked up! What fun you are going to have playing :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love these stencils, just ordered the number one myself but the diamond one was out of stock. Great tag and the more I see the butterflies the more I like. Tracy x

Brenda Brown said...

Love how you have used the masking with the numbers and I am waiting for my Papillon set to arrive. Looking at yours I can't wait, I want to play now.
Great tag Helen.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lynn Stevens said...

Simply GORGEOUS!!!!!!!