Sunday 10 October 2010

Sunday Stampers - Imagine

Hels has chosen "imagine" as her theme today, on what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. Doesn't seem right, does it - the Beatles are eternally young in my mind (like me too, maybe!!)

Anyhow, I have made my Mum a birthday card to go with her canvas yesterday.



Didn't take any "during" shots whilst I was doing this - but I used an 8x8 inch card base, stamped the Tim flourish and Wendy new script background  in the corners (chipped sapphire and broken china) - deliberately keeping the script slightly loose by not using an acrylic mount (which was a great tip from Lin at Ally Pally!)

The background card is a piece from Tim's Vintage Shabby stack and I used Tim's alphabet mask for the "mum" and stormy sky DI.

I've used a Maya Road frame which I coloured chipped sapphire and covered with rock candy paint, over a scrap that I stamped Imagine (wendy v) on, embossing it for some shine. Filled the centre with stickles glitter, I used waterfall. Should have stuck the d/sided tape to the back first, because the glitter isn't dry yet... and I used alternating black/clear rainbow drops to fill the holes in the frame.

The flower is made from the tattered florals die and some pieces I already had cut out in various shades of blue. I can post this today as Mum has never used a computer and won't be seeing this, either before or after her birthday next Saturday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Helen! Your mum will love it, & the gorgeous canvas you made too! x

Netty said...

Your mum is going adore both your canvas and your card Helen. Enjoy your Sunday. x

Kay said...

Gorgeous card Helen. I can't believe JL would have been 70 either. He is always the tall, thin rebel with the long flowing hair to me. But then, I am still a stroppy teenager in my head!

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card for your mum Helen she will love this and the canvas you made, two pieces how lucky. Love the colours on your card too. Can't believe John would have been 70 makes me feel so old LOL. Enjoy your Sunday, Tracy Evans x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Beautiful card Helen, love the colour :-)
Anne x

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous card, love the stamping and colours.

Pat said...

I love the card & so will your Mum. It is hard to believe that JL would be that old now! makes me feel very old, as I was & still am, OLDER. ouch!

Hugs, Pat

Hels Sheridan said...

Pretty card Helen, hope your Mum had a wonderful birthday ..thanks for joinin in with the Sunday STamper x