Wednesday 30 July 2014

TIO 172 - P and cogs

The challenge this fortnight at Dragons Dream is set by my lovely teamie Gabrielle - and what a challenge she has set!  We're to use P and cogs... o-kaaaaaay!!

I don't seem to have ever got round to buying a cogs die... rummage, rummage - ah, Maya Road box of chipboard pieces labelled gears, but they'll do...  Now, the P bit...

 I covered a size 8 tag in Grunge Paste  and used one of the Catalyst tools to make a pattern in it.  Let it mostly dry and then painted it with watered down Peacoat (ooh, another P!) Fresco - the older, translucent one.
painted the cogs with Fresco - snowflake first, then sprayed it with some of the Snowflake/Beach Hut mix I used in the journal page the other day - was too similar to the background.. dried that, painted it white again, then French Roast, before adding Treasure Gold - Onyxite, Indigo and White Fire.
Stamped Dina Wakley's Lonely Girl on white Smoothy card, and water colour pencils to add some colour.
Glued the cogs to look like speech bubbles, and stamped a little "dream" onto a scrap of white card.

Hope you have fun with Gabrielle's challenge, we'd love to see what you come up with.

13 comments:

ElizabethR said...

Great tag and now I know whose it was lol xxx

craftytrog said...

Cool tag! x

Virginia said...

Fab tag!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a great tag, fantastic background.

Julie Lee said...

Such an original tag!I love that Dina Wakley stamp and you've presented it brilliantly! Julie Ann xx

craftimamma said...

Love your thinking behind this one Helen. Perfect fit for the challenge and looks great too!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant tag Helen, love the texture on the background and great stamping too!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant! I love the stamp - every time I see it I remember that I need it! LOL! Chrisx

massofhair said...

Liking the cogs as speech bubbles, that is genius! Fantastic Tag:-) xxx

May said...

Fabulous tag Helen, I love the texture you have created on the background..Great image...Love how you used the cog...Have a great weekend ahead... Hugs May x x

Etsuko said...

Oh! This tag is absolutely beautiful, great technique and colours. I love the very unique steampunk image.
xx

Anonymous said...

An inspired tag, it looks great.

sam21ski said...

Love the background and as you know, she is one of my favourite stamps

Sam xx