Wednesday, 7 October 2026

WOYWW 905 - in memory

 WOYWW friends are in shock this week.  Some of you will have heard of the sudden and unexpected passing on Friday, of Sarah, our recent leader in this weekly desk share.

I had a message from her friend Eva on Saturday, to let us know that Sarah sadly passed away in the night and was found by her family on Friday.  

To say that we are stunned, shocked and saddened, goes without saying as she was such a big part of this group and as you know had taken on the task of hosting from Julia.   Her Clarity team-mates and colleagues will also be suffering. 

Julia is hosting this week and the link will be at the Stamping-Ground and I am sure she will write a moving and heartfelt tribute to Sarah 

I tried to create my own in journal form but it was tricky still being mostly non-right handed. 


I cannot begin to know how Sarah's family will be feeling, but my love and condolences go out to them.  

I found some photos of the 2024 crop in Stoke that Sarah organised (they were filed incorrectly or I could have added some for our 900th anniversary so recently. 







 and Cindy and Julia and I were also lucky enough to have a short trip to Trentham Gardens 
this is a lovely one of Sarah (and Cindy) 



I really don't know what else to say today.... 

grab each day as it comes ladies, you just never know... lots of love to all of you as well as Sarah's family.  


18 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely pics Helen. I enjoyed our morning at Trentham so much anyway, now it’s a very grateful memory, sort of seeing Sarah behind her blog! I like you journal page and think however it was, left or right hand produced, it marks the memory perfectly. LOve xxx

BJ said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures Helen. Julia mentioned your stroll thought Trentham Gardens so lovely to see photos of such. Love your journal entry. Hugs Bj#6

Annie said...

Lovely pics of our special friend who was taken far too soon.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Lynnecrafts said...

A beautiful tribute to Sarah, Helen,
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11 xx

Twiglet said...

That's a lovely tribute Helen and your journal page is perfect. Such wonderful photos of that special day too. We are all so sad this week. x x Jo 🌈

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great photos Helen, I understand your feelings as it came as such a shock that someone should just be gone so quickly. It's a sad week for sure. WOYWWhugs, Angela x12x

Susan Renshaw said...

Good to share your memories and lovely pictures. Susan #17

My name is Cindy said...

Love your journal tribute, you did well onehanded! I really just can't quite believe this - as you say, grab each day, you never know. I hope you don't mind I stole your photo - the only ones I could find of that weeknd were a few fairy statues and you crafting at a table in our little Airbnb! Take care, love n hugs Cindyxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely to share your memories and see the pictures. Susan #17

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful post for Sarah, Helen ... treasured memoried they are ✨️ thinking of you, sending love and hugs 🫂💕#15

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Helen, what a meaningful tribute to Sarah. I'm still in shock, but continue to pray for her soul and for her family. Peace.

ukmaryanne said...

Such a sad day for all who knew Sarah, the world is a poorer place without her.
Your journal page tribute is lovely.

Mary Anne (3)

Kathyk said...

Such sad news of Sarah's passing - my thoughts are with her family and all of her many friends

Kathyk

lisa said...

Such a lovely tribute, Helen and so nice to see the photos. What a sad day it is.
Lisa #10

Diana Taylor said...

A beautiful tribute to Sarah and such lovely photos.
Love and hugs,
Diana xx #20

Spyder said...

Lovely pictures Helen. Wht can one say. Its just so sad and wrong. WOYWW((Lyn)) #21xxx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely photos from the crop, Helen. Your words are a fitting tribute to her. She will be sorely missed by everyone who knew her. Hugs, Elizabeth x #19

Lindart said...

Thanks for the pics and the memories Helen. I didn't know her personally, but I feel I did "know" her. What a shock. Big hugs to everyone in this group, as we all "knew" her, personally or not😢❤️ Lindart #20