A very early start (after a traumatic Friday night but never mind that!) saw me leaving for the train to London St Pancras at 6.30 to meet Lin.
Luckily the trains ran on time and Chris met us at the station to take us to Allison's studio. Sadly Emma and Lin R were unable to make this one - we missed you both - but Sam, Lin, Chris Lesley and I had a good old natter..
So, Powertex and fence posts... This is the kind of Powertex project I have been wanting to do ever since we first saw it at the Glasgow SECC the other year... The Angel (here) was amazing... but this... oh boy.
they're about 2 foot long to get an idea..
I persevered with mine only because I didn't think I'd get my hands clean before the train home!
Once the gesso was dryish, came some stencilling with structure paste - we used the Powertex one, but any firm modelling paste would do..
hard to see the white on white, but it's there.
once the stencilled paste was dry, came some more texture, (3d flexx mixed powertex liquid) , the drippier the better.. but you mix it to the consistency you want. Not too wet or it will fall back in on itself (think very heavy pancake batter)
as you can hopefully see, were working across all 3 at once, for the flow.
Then we add colour (Bister spray)
Just before lunch, we added some more texture, from a large choice (Allison supplied chipboard ones, we took a variety of different embellieshments, Lesley had some Grungeboard numbers and letters... and stuck them on to dry
so there were cards and gifts and of course, cake!
those of you who've worked with Powertex know how messy it is, so to keep taking a glove off and trying to get it back on again for lots of step by step pictures was tricky!
and that seems to be where the photos from the actual workshop end...
we added Bister sprays and lots of other colour sprays too, there is a good squirt of Sunshine Yellow (perfect pearls)
blame the spray colours and the trying to get it dry enough (the thick areas of the 3d Flexx mix take a while to dry, even with a heat gun) for there being no more....
Time for some finishing touches this morning
anyhow, several layers of dry brushing over the raised areas and the texture on the wood grain...
which doesn't quite show up..
I used Treasure Gold, in ruby, emerald and white fire... you can't really buff it though over the coarse texture so you'll have to take my word for it, that it is there
What a great workshop - lovely to see Sam, Lin, Lesley and Chris again, Allison we thank you once again for your tutorship and your time. Emma and Lin R, hope you can make the next one!
Now to find somewhere to hang them (and somehow to hang them...!)