Sunday 25 February 2018

"Stencils" for a prompt

the latest prompt for my little group was stencils... so I have "one or two" ...... I decided to use several, some old loved ones, and a new one.
 I started with a page in my square journal which I love but which is so hard to photograph (I'll have to crop more!)


I had already wiped the leftover paint (butter, from one of Seth's new Paperartsy sets) on the background then stencilled (new, Sara Naumnann's stencil) with Venice Blue, and in some of the gaps Glacier Ice
Added some Donna Downey stencils -  alphabet in Butter and Glacier Ice, some small dots in Butter and then the big circles - first gesso'd, then added Blue Lagoon and some more small dots


 I drew round the big circles in pencil through the stencil and added some stamping - a Kaisercraft italic script; in watering can archival  and two JoFy Mini (firework?) stamps in cobalt and French ultramarine  archival inks and used a pen to fill in the centres of the bigger fireworks
I re-outlined the circles in a blue micron pen
and erased the pencil lines


I had a ball with this page and could have gone on for ages!

3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how you take us from beginning to end with these entries. This is fabulous. You KNOW I have stencil envy, because you have so many beautiful ones. This is incredible and you made great art using stencils only. Fabulous.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your new stencil! This looks fabulous- the 'firework'stamping looks great! Hugs,Chrisxx

craftytrog said...

Great design Helen!!