Sunday 18 February 2018

A fantastic couple of days away - workshops with Antonis Tzanidakis

Just got home from a few days staying at my friend Lin's in Poole, and a great couple of workshops organised by Brigitte of Let's Be Creative with the very talented and very funny Antonis Tzandikis in Rogate. 

Friday afternoon was an altered book. 
 we were each given a book and started cutting out our pages...
 the other attendees were all regulars at the  barn but we were both made to feel very welcome and were soon having a right laugh...

Antonis showing us the next steps...



 stencilled some paste on the insides
 which we painted a creamy white...

the centre of the aperture is a clay molded piece that Antonis prepared for each of us while we were cutting our pages
 mine and Lin's books drying
 more air drying clay for the front cover.. made from a stamp
(Stampendous if you're interested)

 adding some colour...





seem to have got too messy to record the next few steps!
rusting went on...
 Antonis added some gold patina that will tarnish overnight...




the rusty front

 front and back
 and as if by magic, it is the next morning!















Saturday morning we drove back to Hampshire for day two - a fantastic workshop again with Antonis,
 where we were working with a large mdf board and a beautiful image...
 again Antonis showing and helping us with the first steps..
 a gorgeous grey green colour was applied...
 and some concrete paste....
 was great to see familiar faces (Nikki Acton and just behind her Brenda Brown)   sorry for catching you mid biscuit Nikki

 is it inside outside or up and down Antonis??




once the first layer of paste was applied it was time for a thicker layer with a feather stencil.



coffee break in the sun outside whilst the paste dried..

 the barn is in a beautiful setting
 then time to add colour, brown water colour,
 bit of mischief going on with a spray bottle..  payback for Nikki decorating the back of Antonis' hoodie...
 the finished piece
 Lin's
 time to clear up...
 and at home today.... need to find somewhere to hang her on the wall now, I love how it's come out
slightly different angle (and no flash) 

 


It was a great couple of days - you won't be surprised that I also got out and about with Lin and my camera to see some of the sights of Poole - head over to photosbyh shortly (need to eat my dinner first though!)  for those! 










Whilst staying at Lin's I slept in her craft room which doubles as a guest bedroom... on Saturday night I did a bit of late night doodling...
what a lovely room!

.. in my France journal for the facebook group challenge. 

13 comments:

jojo79 said...

Fab Helen, looks like you both had fun. can't wait for my class with him xx

Artmadnana said...

Looks like an interesting weekend Helen where it looks like you've learned some new techniques. Linda and I are doing a workshop with this guy in June. More by default really because I only booked us on it because Kate Crane is also doing a workshop on the same Tando weekend. Not too sure what I think of his work as he's so similar to Andy Skinner, but I do like the part face image you used on the second class.

Artmadnana said...

Whoops, meant to add how great the photos are!

Miriam said...

It looks like you had an amazing time.. I love your projects!

craftimamma said...

Smashing photos of what looks to have been a couple of wonderful workshops. I do so wish it hadn't been so far as they look every bit as good as I thought they were going to be. Those projects were both stunning! That patina effect on the book is amazing and I love that gorgeous heart. The face, well that is absolutely awesome and really does deserve wall space!

So glad you had such a brilliant weekend altogether.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW!! Lucky YOU. I especially like the first project. Totally beautiful outcome and great stamp on the front. I loved seeing these two workshops and really enjoyed Lin's craft room. I have craft room envy, now.

Unknown said...

Helen it was lovely to meet you at the workshop on Saturday. It was a brilliant day...Debbie and I stayed on for the afternoon too as we were enjoying it so much! Hope Lin showed you the highlights of Poole!

Neet said...

I am so envious - of what you made (the face is my favourite of all his workshops and I still haven't done it) - and of time with Antonis who I think is a lovely guy. Then to top it all you had sunshine!
So glad you enjoyed it and love your wall hanging.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

You must have had the most wonderful time judging from the resulting art and the company you were keeping!Hugs,Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend Helen! I love all your projects!

Kirsten said...

Your projects look great, I'm glad you and Lin enjoyed the weekend. I met Antonis at the trade show on Sunday and watched him demo. He was so nice and I loved his samples.

Virginia said...

Wow love your workshop makes - beautiful and so very different!

StampinCarol said...

Wow! Just WOW! Beautiful projects and lots of fun!