Sunday 23 July 2017

Journal play with Oxides and Alison Bomber's stamps

Well on Wednesday I included a picture on my WOYWW post, of a journal page in progress..

today I can share it more fully; it's finished.

 so this was the journal page I'd gesso'd and added patches of the new release distress oxides, direct to the page, then smooshed around with a damp paintbrush, and the black soot I used to stencil (imagination crafts)
I threw some water drips on the page pre-stencilling.
 today, I did some stamping with one of the Alison Bomber quote sets for Paperartsy, using the oxides..  they stamp so well...

 added some drips of white Amsterdam acrylic ink, which picked up some of the distress colour from underneath.  I partly blotted the ink, then closed the book to get a 'kiss' on the other side to add to my drips

I added splatters of watered down white gesso (getting it all over the place in the process) with my Tim Holtz splatter brush
before stamping some of Alison's quotes in Oxide, over the background
I then added some stencilling (Donna Downey's poppy stencil) with Little Black Dress Fresco paint,
 I stamped one of the quotes on scrap white card and cut into separate lines, and edged with oxide (frayed burlap and a touch of black soot over the top)  before sticking to one page.












I really love this poppy stencil - had it ages, this is the first time I've used it!!




Really had fun with this.


7 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

I love your creation Helen. Great start with the oxide background in blocks and fabulous the way that you have built it all up. Alison's stamps are so inspiring aren't they. Love the flower stamp too. Great pages! Xx

Kyla said...

ooh some lovely colours on the page.
Great journal entry as always
kyla

PaperArtsy said...

Ohhh that's a great way to test all the new colours!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is fabulous, Helen. I'm in awe of the stenciling, but I really, really like the pops of color you created for the background.

Miriam said...

Great page Helen. I love this. And I now need the poppy stencil!

craftytrog said...

Great spread Helen, those poppies are gorgeous!

Words and Pictures said...

Love those poppies, and the rainbow background is fabulous - also the rainbow word-stamping. This is a wonderful page spread.
Alison x