Sunday 7 February 2016

Topic 2 - Hearts - crackle tag

What a fabulous (expensive..) week its been at Paperartsy... wonderful new releases of stamps, paints and stencils... and periscopes each night with wonderful demos from Leandra. You can see her periscopes here 

Last night (Saturday) she revisited some crackle techniques and afterwards I sprang into action...
This tag fits the hearts topic that closes later today

 I forgot to take a photo of the base tag before I crackled it... but used several colours of fresco paint on top of a tag I painted black... I used bougainvillea zucchini and mermaid
 the smaller of the hearts from Emma Godfrey's heart plate EEG13 to fill the tag.

used a translucent Fresco to add some colour on top of the tag -pumpkin soup and beach hut
I was looking for some heart shaped buttons but can't find any...

entering the Paperartsy Hearts topic challenge here 

a huge thanks to all the Paperartsy team and their wingmen for (making me spend so much money) a wonderful week, brilliant new stamps stencils and paint colours (get COPPER and WHITE FIRE, you won't be sorry) you are all fabulous.

12 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely inkiness Helen. I always struggled with crackle glaze until I bought some from Paperartsy, works like a dream.

Is one point better than non, not convinced.

B x

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful tag Helen, the crackle looks amazing!

sam21ski said...

It looks fab and I love your heartsxx

Craftyfield said...

Good crackle is a great crowd pleaser... the colours are good too and the hearts fit in perfectly!

Etsuko said...

Stunning tag Helen! Love the cracking and colours. xx

Miriam said...

Amazing tag - love that crackle!!

Sally H said...

A beautiful tag, Helen and your crackle is amazing! I have never achieved that good an effect! Wonderful!

pearshapedcrafting said...

You got me at crackle but wow Helen! This really is a gorgeous tag! Chrisx

jojo79 said...

Fantasic tag and great crackle

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful tag!!!!!!!!

Shoshi said...

Oooh lovely crackle effect, Helen! It reminds me that I haven't done any crackling for simply ages. I've got a large bottle of crackle glaze that I bought in a decorating shop. Does the job brilliantly, and at a fraction of the cost of the "craft" stuff in a tiny bottle with a high price tag!

Thank you for reminding me that Valentine's day is less than a week away...

Shoshi

Words and Pictures said...

Always love good crackle, and this is cracking (sorry!)... looks great with the hearts too.
Alison xx