Sunday 5 July 2015

Stencils - a Paperartsy challenge

It's taken me ages to find/make time to create a stencil project for the Paperartsy challenge - good thing there's an extra week this time!
Yesterday, whilst I was recovering from my marathon photographic trip to Hampton Court Flower Show,  I saw Liz Borer's amazing layered triptych and this afternoon I had a play in my journal..
I used the same stencils as Liz, but the effect is somewhat different.

Whilst I adored Liz's base of black, I didn't want to directly copy, so I've covered my page with Guacamole, and used Tinned Peas for the leaves, with some Hyde Park to add some tone to them.  There are a couple stencilled with Limelight too.
 I stencilled the words bloom, and grow, from the JoFY stencil, in Blackberry, and stencilled some of the flowers onto tissue,using Purple Rain and adding Wisteria to the centres and Blackberry to the outer edges, before tearing them and glueing to the page, bedding them in with a little more quacamole (mixed with Chartreuse to reduce opacity.
 outlined the outside edge of the letters which a white sharpie marker.

Entering this to the Paperartsy challenge here

9 comments:

brenda said...

Absolutely love this Helen, such wonderful vivid colours.

B x

Claire said...

Lovely pages, the words stand out so well against the background xx

sam21ski said...

Great pages x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pages Helen with a few nice little changes to Liz's triptych. Love the white highlighting on the words.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

snazzyoriginal said...

Love the simplicity of this, wonderful colours x

craftytrog said...

Beautiful! Love the colours!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, delicious - the soft airbrush effect of the leaves is wonderful, and I love the colours you've used on the flowers and lettering - gorgeous page spread!
Alison xx

Craftyfield said...

I rather like the lighter background you've used. The white pen shadow is a good idea, it has a brilliant effect.

Etsuko said...

Lovely pages, beautiful flowers and great words. xx