Sunday 24 May 2015

More Words for Paperartsy

The 'words' theme ends later tonight at Paperartsy but I couldn't let it pass without having another play in my journal, inspired really by everyone who's shared their art with us this last fortnight.

I wanted to have a muted, neutral colour palette this time, so used just Stone and Mushroom frescos, with a little Chalk too.
 I tore some pieces of book pages and stuck them to my journal with matte medium. The Russian and the pinky one were given me at the WOYWW crop last week by Chris, the other is from a spare copy of the works of Shakespeare

I painted in layers on the journal with Stone and Mushroom fresco, watering it down to make it a little more translucent over the pages especially
 stencilled over the whole page - this is a DecoArt stencil, and the ink is a MementoLuxe ink in Sweet Plum, it tones quite nicely with the vaguely pinky mix of Stone and Mushroom.

Stamped the Stampotique French scrip (by France Papillon) in black archival, then gave the whole thing a wash with Chalk fresco.
I wanted a vintagey type image for my central image, and decided to use this stamp of Westminster Abbey, stamped on tissue paper painted on the reverse in Pumpkin Soup with a tiny smidge on the windows, of Cinnamon, before adding some more Pumpkin Soup and then Snowflake so the image would pop once added to the journal.

 I added some stencilled texture sand paste, through part of a Crafters Workshop stencil  (screen print)
and found a suitable stamp, (eventually!) timeless treasures, which is what Westminster Abbey is.
 Sponged a little of the Sweet Plum ink round the edges of the journal.

Thanks for looking! Entering the Paperartsy challenge here.... now, F1 beckons..then footie..

12 comments:

craftimamma said...

Lovely wordy pages this time Helen and I love all the layers. The Abbey does pop off the page nicely too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

brenda said...

It looks very tactile Helen, something about print that always appeals.

Wonder what we will managed this afernoon ?

B x

Gabrielle said...

And that image IS popping! I love your journal so much and this page is a gorgeous addition! Mwah!

Hazel Agnew said...

Another great journal page Helen! Love your script! X

sam21ski said...

Your image fits in perfectly with the layout of the page - lovely xx

Kirsten said...

Very nice page, the different fonts look great.

Julia Dunnit said...

oh I like it. Often look at these sort of stamps and wonder why? What? and then you go prove the neeeeed. Ack!

Julie Lee said...

Another great journal page, Helen. What a coincidence we were both thinking about Shakespeare when it came to the topic of words! I love the stamped image too! I do love architecture images and this one is beautiful xxx

craftytrog said...

Great spread Helen, what a fab image! x

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful pages, love the Abbey, it's looking splendid ♥

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious layers of text and words, and I love how the plum ink looks against the neutrals. Westminster Abbey glows in gold - fabulous!
Alison xx

Kezzy said...

Oh wow Helen you received loads of ATC's and they all look stunning. Your pile of ATC's you made look awesome. I so love your desk, there's always loads to have a look at. I have started using Judikins micro glace (Now there is a distress one) on my journal pages that stick, it works brilliantly. Happy Woyww :-) Kezzy xxx