Thursday 27 November 2014

...that journal page...

Did a little bit more faffing with the journal page that was on show in my WOYWW "desk" yesterday

 I had started by gesso'ing the journal page, as I discovered that either the brushos or the Deco Art media sprays went through the paper if not.. I tried out all the media art sprays I got (black, white, purple, yellow and green) and some brushos.. I think brilliant red, yellow and black. may have added some leaf green too... Love how the media art drips!

I wanted a focal image but nothing too fancy.. settled for the JoFY flowers, stamped twice, on two pieces of scrap paper.  I painted them with some brushos, mixed in a little pot, with similar colours to my background. Stuck them to the page.
then this morning (bravely, before work!) I took the black media art spray, and with the end of the spray tube, dropped some ink (paint?) on the page above the flowers and let it drip.  Did the same,upwards (ok, so I turned the page up the other way) on the other page.

Luckily I stayed free of black mess on my hands and went to work... Tonight I added some more sprays of black, and let it drip, and a little yellow on the right page.  Some words to finish - had to use alphabet stamps as I don't have any 'vertical' stamps  and voila!
A bit messy, a bit dark (but looks better by the daylight bulb I took the photos by, so maybe in daylight it won't look so dark...) but FUN!
thanks for looking. and try these sprays, they are fab!  I want some more colours....

9 comments:

snazzyoriginal said...

Love this background x

Unknown said...

Looks fab! I really want these sprays... where did u get them? X

massofhair said...

The DecoArt Media Sprays are the best out there at the moment and i love how they are so vibrant and permanent. i have quite a few now and they work well with Dylusions too.

Fab pages, love the black really brings out the drama and pops your sentiments :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow. More new sprays to consider? I think this must be a way to get you to buy new products. But of course, I was impressed with what you got with your CB win.

I was at my LSS and asked about Brushos. They have never heard of them, and I have told others, I don't think they have made it across the pond, yet.

And I think this spread cleaned up nicely. The black really set the whole page off, didn't it?

Lin said...

oooh great pages Helen those spray's are definately a must have!!! Love the drips :D

froebelsternchen said...

fantastic spread!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, wow! Yes, I can absolutely see the fun you had layering all those colours into the page... and the black drippage is amazing, giving such depth to it all. Brilliant!
Alison xx

Kirsten said...

Wow! Cool page, the background looks amazing.

Craftyfield said...

The drippage is so cool... Wonder if I could get the same result with home made sprays and Frescos...