Wednesday 19 November 2014

Dragons Dream - TIO - X and Purple

Hi, and welcome back to the Dragons Dream TIO  for our penultimate tag in the alphabet challenge... boy, that's gone fast!  This fortnight, it is my supremely talented team mate, Julie Ann, who was "lucky" enough to pick (i.e. be left with) X - probably one of the hardest letters in the alphabet to depict... The twist is to use purple...


I sprayed my tag with the crushed grape Dylusions spray.  not before I'd picked up and sprayed a tag with after midnight by mistake - oh well, got a blue tag ready for another time now!  
Got a somewhat patchy coverage (made worse by the flash on the camera!!)   Used the two skeletons from my new super sale bargain price Tim Holtz set (mini halloween) and heat embossed them.


Wrote xray in white pen in the space on the tag, which immediately picked up the purple colour from the spray.  Of course I intended that to happen, it's a shade of purple now!!  It looks whiter in the photo than it does in real life!!
Finished with some chunky purple fibres from my stash.

I know Julie Ann will have made a beautiful, elaborate tag for her entry, because she always spends a lot of time and effort on her tags - but time is against me this time so it's a quickie here!!  Do pop over and see what the rest of the team have dreamt up for this challenging letter!  See you soon.

15 comments:

brenda said...

Lush fusion of Dylusions Helen, hope you realise I've got that 'dry bones' song going round and round now.

B x

Julie Lee said...

Well, Helen, this may have been a 'quickie'; but it's a really good take on the letter, 'X'! I found it really difficult to think of a word that would adapt to a tag and which began with such a tricky letter, so 'Well done You!' Skeletons and purple are a particularly unnerving combo too! xx

Ali H said...

Great fun tag - I had X on Lynda & my ABC ATC challenge and agree it was a really tricky one to do !! Ali x 20

Deborah Wainwright said...

Very clever Helen your use of x is a fabulous choice. Love that deep purple too but those skeletons male the tag love it! Xx

massofhair said...

Love purple, the skeletons are fantastic and a. Wonderful way to show an x-ray. Glad you found an x word. This is a tough one! :-) x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Helen! Love those rich hues! X-ray using those skellies makes a brilliant choice! Chrisx

Etsuko said...

Wonderful tag Helen!! Stunning purple colours and smart idea of Xray and skeletons. xx

Kirsten said...

You can't go wrong with purple, IMO. :) Gorgeous tag, I love the skeletons.

fairy thoughts said...

X rated purple ... No more problem.... Super job
Janet

Carmen said...

Love that purple - had to smile at your skeletons and the x-ray theme. Brilliant! :)

My poppy came the other day - have you got yours? I love it.

craftimamma said...

Love it Helen! Purple's easy enough but 'X' ......tricky! I love your little skeletons!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

JoZart Designs said...

Great tag and fab colour. Quite innovative!
I've now got an ear worm as I too was singing "Dem bones, dem bones" !!
Thanks for popping in on my elf clogs!
Jo x

sam21ski said...

Oooh fabulous skellies there xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Well, now, I'm not usually much of a one for purple, but I love the shading you've achieved here from colour tone to colour tone. Always love a skeleton too!
Alison xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So cool, love the images and the colors. Just a bit late with commenting, but I'm catching up ;)