Wednesday 22 October 2014

DragonsDream TIO - D - Red

Hi, time for another DragonsDream challenge at TIO - this fortnight, May would like us to use the letter D and red.
 I think you may be able to guess what my word is!!
I started by embossing the hearts (Dina Wakley) on the tag and painted the tag with Cherry Red Fresco (from the second of JoFY's Limited Edition sets)
I stamped the large Dream (Clarity, from on of the word chain sets) at the top in black archival, and then repeatedly stamped the Ompression Obsession stamp in Wendy Vecchi's red geranium archival ink..




but forgot to take a photo before I sprayed the tag with the Prima Colour Bloom spray Peony.
It's um - quite shimmery!!

 this one taken without flash shows it a little clearer!
I distressed the edges and inked it with first the red archival and then Walnut Stain distress ink,
 added a chitchat sticker and some red fibres with just a little white for contrast
Hope you'll find time to check out the rest of the Dragons tags, and have a go yourself - we'd love to see you join in - just don't forget at least one real stamp.
It's nearly time for a new theme as we're almost at the end of the alphabet - wonder what the Dragons will come up with!!

15 comments:

crafty creations said...

Stunning tag Helen - love the design and the colour x Hilda

Julie Lee said...

Great techniques you used on this tag, Helen! Wonderful shades - I love the Cherry and the shimmer must look fabulous irl! Julie Ann xxx

Virginia said...

Love the bright colours!

Carmen said...

Oooooh I love this. Love that picture where you are holding it to the light. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Claire said...

Beautiful tag Helen! Love that cherry red fresco :-)

Deborah Wainwright said...

This tag is stunning Helen I like this ALOT xx

Sandy said...

Your creation looks xx wonderful Helen!!
Sandy xx

Kirsten said...

That is lovely, the hearts look great against the red.

My name is Cindy said...

Hello Helen!! So sorry about the name mixup - I have no idea where that came from. Is there a Helen Chilton? Do I even know them? Why was that name in my head? Sorry sorry sorry - but I WAS thinking of YOU. Can you forgive me!? Cindy x

My name is Cindy said...

I see what I did - there is another Helen on the dt isn't there? Sorry I read the other post and got muddled up - I did think that one with the Lynn perella stamp was you as well, didn't read it properly and I think that's where the Chilton was in my head. I am such an idiot. Need more sleep but keep crafting when I should be in bed....

Anonymous said...

Totally dreamy!!! x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Gorgeous! I'm humming the Everly Brothers song!! Chris

craftimamma said...

Smashing tag Helen. Lovely shimmer and shine!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sarah Anderson said...

Love this, I find red really hard to work with but you definitely nailed it!

sam21ski said...

Oooh this is lovely Helen, it just looks so smart, I don't know if that's the right word, but I know what I mean, absolutely love the richness and crispness of it - gorgeous xxx