Saturday 13 September 2014

Mop Ups and Leftovers..

When I was making the cards in the previous post, I spread the leftover paint in two of my journals that I am working in - my little A6 one and the A5 one I used in my late night crafting yesterday.
Here's the results - no step by step photos as I forgot!
 this is the A6 journal, stamps are Kaisercraft and I've accented some of the images with Plum, Hint of Mint and (for a change) Marlin - all watered down to add translucency.
this is the A5 journal, added some grunge paste through the Roman Numerals stencil, and Sara Naumann stamps by Paperartsy in Plum and Library Green archival ink.  Sorry about the photo, the daylight bulb wasn't angled right!

I stamped the "creativity" text on tissue in black archival and glued it with matte medium.

14 comments:

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great Page Helen those colours are just fab. I left my paints at home and wish I'd brought them now x

Hazel Agnew said...

Fab work Helen, still loving the colours. Particularly like the first one. You are really buzzin! Xx

Lin said...

very very nice Helen :D

massofhair said...

Two fantastic pages Helen, love the stamps and colours a lot:-) xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous pages and a great way to use mop ups.
Happy Sunday.
hugs Brenda xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Love your pages Helen,great way to use those leftovers of course, and wonderful subtle colours with those thinned down paints, love the background stamping also!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had to go back and see the cards you made yesterday, and I have to say they are simply adorable. And to think you got two of them from a single page of card stock. and each one was SO different, too.

Then you followed the cards with these two spreads in two journals. Both are gorgeous. I'm really impressed with your stamping and painting abilities. And using your books to mop up the paint is always worthwhile. Really enjoyed these.

sam21ski said...

Great mop up, haven't seen the cards yet, am working backwards playing catch-up!!

Kirsten said...

Nice pages!

Art By Wanda said...

These are wonderful, Helen!!!!!!!!!!

craftytrog said...

Great colours and stamping, I love them both! xxx

Virginia said...

Fabulous work!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love these Helen! All those layers look fabulous! ……I've finally caught up!! Chrisx

brenda said...

Love the soft muted colours Helen and great stamping as well.

B x