Wednesday 13 August 2014

Dragons Dream - TIO - O and Rust

Welcome to another challenge from the Dragons-Dream Team.
The delightful Julie Ann has set this fortnight's theme - the letter is O and the theme rust - either rusty colours, rusting powder, rusty old items... as long as you use one real stamp and a tag, the rest is up to you.

I settled for rusty colours, as (as always!) I've left this to the last minute and don't have time to try out my rusting powder and couldn't find anything truly rusty "hanging about"

 I covered the tag with Rusty Hinge distress ink and then spritzed it with water, to allow the colour to wick before drying it.  I added the diamonds (Kaisercraft stamp) in Vintage Photo and the edges were coloured with both inks.
 added some more Rusty Hinge, then stamped the script (from one of Sara Naumann's new Paperartsy sets) in black archival, without mounting it on a block

Added a piece of rope ribbon (it's actually silver but I tried to colour it (badly) with a reinker/copper perfect pearl mix) which didn't really work)
 and stamped the owls - Paperartsy - on tissue, painting from behind with translucent Frescos in Brown Shed, Autumn Fire and a hint of Yellow Submarine which I added to the front too.
Tore the owls out as close as I could, painted the reverse with Chalk Fresco
and once they were glued to the tag, I went over the tissue edges first with Wild Honey distress pen, then a light covering of Rusty Hinge ink with the blending tool.

The final touch was a metal zipper pull and a piece of ribbon.

Hope you'll come along and join the Dragons again, we'd love to see you join in - and we don't really breathe fire!

13 comments:

massofhair said...

Loving your Tag Helen, the owls look majestic especially on the background colours :-) xxx

sam21ski said...

lovely xx

Julie Lee said...

I love Rusty Hinge and you've used it to such good effect on this tag, Helen! Also the PA owl is one of my favourite stamps: I don't use it nearly enough - not enough hours in the day! You might have left this to the last minute, but it looks terrific! xx

Hettie said...

This is lovely Helen. I love the owls.
Great tag.
Hugs
xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

These are wonderful owls. A fabulous tag :)

May said...

Fabulous rusty tag Helen, Love those fantastic owls...Hugs May x x

Etsuko said...

Wow stunning tag Helen! great layers and beautiful rusty colours on the background. I love the cute owl brothers xx

Virginia said...

Oh lovely tags!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Or should I say woo hoo!? This is just fabulous - love the owls and rusty hinge is going to be my ink too! Hugs, Chrisx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag. I love the rusty background & the owls are fab.

Dianne said...

WHOOT, WHOOT, I looooove your tag Helen, rusty hinge is my favorite, that background is gorgeous, we Magpies respect the wise old owls, love the yellow you added to them looks fabulous, rust is right up my alley, I have tons of it, can't wait to dream with you sweet dragons, have a wonderful weekend..

Words and Pictures said...

That's a fab rusty tag - the owl looks stunning, and I love the script in the background.
Alison xx

craftimamma said...

Fab tag Helen. It doesn't look like a last minute job! Love the background and rusty colours (together with green) are my favourites.

Hugs
Lesley Xx