Wednesday 9 January 2013

TIO - While Dragon's Dream #133

Time for another recipe from the Dragons DreamTeam... 'While Dragons Dream' - A night sky, a clear moon and mythical animals.

I had to stretch the definition of 'mythical animals' as I really don't have any suitable stamps of animals, and could find any images (my printer doesn't work, so couldn't download anything!) so I chose a fairy for my animal... 

I made the night sky on my tag with Dylusion inks (black marble and london blue) and some irridescent gold shimmer for stars (I couldn't find any silver shimmer!). Hope you can see them, I can't get a decent picture, it's too dark during the day and the flash at night doesn't help...

The fairy (Personal Impressions) is stamped on acetate with stazon ink, and painted with alcohol inks on both the front and back.  I then painted the back with a light coat of white paint to enable it to show up more on the dark tag background. The moon is by Stampscapes and I scribbled white paint and also some pewter distress stain on the tag to allow the moon stamp to show up.  The words come from a set I got years ago from The Stamp Bug. 

Look forward to seeing your tags. Don't forget to use at least one real stamp. 

13 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great tag and your sky is super Yummy!!! Yes was a tricky one this! Hugs trace x

brenda said...

Great effect over the moon Helen and very mythical.

B x

Carmen said...

This is gorgeous' love the effect of that sky. I think a fairy definitely counts :-)

Virginia said...

Oh that is so pretty - the sky is gorgeous! Hope you are having a great new year!

flutterbycrafter said...

A very difficult subject but you have surpassed yourself. Love the sparkle on the background & the moon is stunning, a beautiful tag xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag, your moon looks wonderful.

Monique's art said...

fab tag, gorgeous

ElizabethR said...

Oooo I love your moonlit sky it's fab. Elizabeth xxx

May said...

Love your tag, The moon is fabulous and your fairy is perfect!! Hugs May x x x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jacqui Chimes said...

Very pretty tag

Gabrielle said...

Found time amid the dust and packing boxes to stop by! LOVE this Helen. The sky is super effective and I think fairies are wonderfully mystical. Good job! Mwah!

Sue said...

Love this Helen, it's a gorgeous sky and such a pretty little fairy. This was the hardest challenge so far for me I don't own cute (and I'm not changing now lol) xx