Sunday 25 March 2012

A little Bird Told Me...

that today's theme for Hels' Sunday Stampers challnege is "birds".  I had this little bird shape I bought a while ago (could I find it, was the only issue... yes, phew!)

I used distress inks (evergreen bough) and stain (broken china) over the base shape, leaving a beak shaped space  on which I used mustard seed stain, and stamped the flowers (fromTim's Nature's Discovery set) in chipped sapphire.

Covered the whole bird with distress embossing ink and clear embossing powder - several layers for some shine
And yes, I DID do both sides!  Added some bling to the centres of some of the flowers and black enamel accents for eyes. 

Probably shouldn't confess this, but I had to re-do the photos cos the first ones showed up the dust round the bowl of pot pourri (which used to smell of chocolate but doesn't any more, sadly!) (bad housewife skills!)

16 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Such a lovely birdie!

Jacqui Chimes said...

Helen you don't need housewife skills (dull) - your bird is lovely

Unknown said...

Lovely birdie Helen. Much better way to spend time than dusting!!!

Barb Cady said...

The blue bird of happiness! Lovely entry. They do say that dust only gets so deep then never changes, so don't bother!

Redanne said...

Sorry Helen, you may get this twice, blogger is not playing. Your bird is gorgeous, love the colours. You may be able to get a refresher oil for your pot pourri?

Miriam said...

Fabulous!! I've just finished mine too. Really enjoyed this week's challenge.

Netty said...

Loving your bird and I think the scene you have presented it in only adds to the beauty of it. Annette x

Gez Butterworth said...

awe, super cute bird. He's a gorgeous colour :-)

Hettie said...

Tweet Tweet my Lovely! This is such a pretty birdie Helen and well done for fessing up! I would have kept quiet personally about the dust! Haa Haa!

Elaine said...

Your bird is so bright no-one would have noticed dust. Besides Mario called it vintage the other day!!

Gabrielle said...

Ha ha ha!!! Dust! If only you could see my house! We have tumbleweed thanks to all of SWEA's fur! I heart your bird! he's very, very sweet!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your bird Helen. I did laugh about the dust, wonder how many of us have done the same lol. Tracy x

Rita said...

Absolutely Stunning. The colours are brilliant. Hugs Rita xx

Lori said...

Lovely little birdie, Helen!

Hels Sheridan said...

am laughing me socks off Helen... I have had to re-do pics before cos of dust issues rofl ANyways... LOVE the birdy, he is very...ahem... tweet!!! Thank you for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

JoZart Designs said...

Didn't mean to post my WOYWW so early but don't know how to remove it!!!
thanks for your comment!
Love your birdy and had to laugh about the dust!! Girl after my own heart!
Love JoZarty x