Thursday 8 March 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - March

So, finally I get to play at Tim's Tag for March - love his version with some well placed mosaics!

My first background stamp I chose - I don't have anything wood-grainy like Tim used - was a disaster (too much pattern and I used a colour too similar to the mosaic scraps) so whilst tonight's dinner was cooking I found an alternative.

So, the background I used is a Hero Arts one called 'sparkle background' and it is quite old - though judging from the state of the red rubber, hardly used!! I've certainly not used it horizontally.

The butterflies are ok for a first attempt at mosaic - I nearly forgot to add the glossy accents - but I did find a tub of embossing powder in the right colour - cement - mine is by PSX so that is very old too!! I bought loads and loads of different colour embossing powders when I first started stamping - now I use clear, sometimes black and maybe an irredescent one - and that's it... but I like this one!

I am running low on Tim's foliage idea-ology so  I just used this little flower charm by Mei Flower that I bought at Stevenage a few weeks ago.

I have to say, I really like having longer to get these 12 Tags done - much as I loved the 12 Tags of Christmas - it was very restrictive time-wise (I hated not doing them on the right day!) so thanks for the fresh look to this year long challenge, Tim!!   Do go and check out the other entries - there are some beauties and it's only the 8th March - you have all month.

Now back to my latest obsession - messing about in my journal (though I have some other challenges I want to do this week too...) roll on the weekend!

15 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Your tag is gorgeous, I love the background.

Gabrielle said...

Oh, such a lovely version of the tag! Your butterflies are fabulous and the background's great! One to use again me thinks! x

catherine said...

This is a great attempt at the tag and it looks super
x catherine

Netty said...

Loving the sparkly background, its a fab tag Helen. x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag, love the colors of the butterflies.

Anonymous said...

loving your version Helen :)

May said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your Tag, Fabulous, Hugs May x x x

flutterbycrafter said...

Your tag is gorgeous, love the colours and the butterflies are beautiful xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Really pretty tag Helen. Good to see you were hard at it at your Mum's last weekend.
Hope you get it finished soon.
x

Winnie said...

Love your tag! I love that background you created! I love that you used what you had on hand. I didn't have the cement ebossing powder and so I did mine with a champage color. It is fun to have time to make them all now.

Lori said...

Fab tag, Helen, your butterflies came out GREAT! Good sub for the background, too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great tag Helen, love our butterflies . Tracy x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Oops it's your butterflies I like not ours lol . Tracy x

Carmen said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Those butterflies are amazing!

Barb King said...

I love your version of the tag, I especially like that sentiment. I want to try that butterfly mosiac, I might have some distress embossing powder that might work color-wise. Stop over to my blog and see some tags I made, i think you'll like them.
Barb #116