Sunday 2 May 2010

Brand New Key - Sunday Stampers 101

Well, more of a rusty old one, actually. Hels' Sunday Stampers challenge this week is inspired by the song "brand new key" by Melanie (or the Worzels)

The Key to my Heart!!

This is another page from my Rulerz book - the book page is coloured with victorian velvet and a smidge of barn door.  I stamped one heart on paper and one on grungepaper, which I rock candied and added some Craftynotions rainbow drops.

I took a key from a grungeboard elements set and used the "drunken scotch" technique (cover it with clear glue, add a few drops of alcohol ink and heat gun dry)

6 comments:

Carmen said...

Drunken Scotch and alcohol ink - what a heady combination Mmwahahaha! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

This is gorgeous Helen, I really love what you did to that key!

Amy said...

really cool grungey key!

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, I really love Victorian Velvet at the moment and I collect hearts so your card is right up my street. Have a good Monday. Tracy Evans x x

Lori said...

Good work with the drunken scotch! That is so cool. Love the two hearts you made. And I didn't think I would like The Victorian Velvet, but I think it's awesome, now! lol

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous art Helen, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Love that 'rusty' key! xx